Published at: Cocoa, Fla., Nov. 1, 1912-<June 5, 1914>.
Publisher: P.E. Wager, 1880-<1882>.
Plný text je přístupný pouze z počítačů Ostravské univerzity
The Florida Star [LCCN: sn96027111], a weekly, began publishing from Titusville, Florida, in 1880 and ceased sometime around 1917. From November 1, 1912, the Florida Star published from Cocoa, Florida. The newspaper continued the Indian River Star (Titusville, FL) [LCCN: not known to exist]. It is reported to have been continued by Indian River Star [LCCN: sn95047424], which began publishing from Cocoa in 1912 and ceased in 1914. In 1920, the Indian River Star ceased publication as well and was succeeded by the Cocoa (FL) News and Star [LCCN: not known to exist]. The Florida Star was published by P.E. Wagner from 1880 to approximately 1882. At some point later, it was published and edited by S.W. Harmon. Little is known about Wagner and Harmon. The newspaper covered the southern extension of the Florida East Coast Railroad into Brevard County (FL). Titusville (FL), in Brevard County (FL), was settled on the banks of the Indian River in 1867 by a former Confederate officer, Henry Theodore Titus, and his wife, Mary Hopkins Titus. The town was incorporated in 1887, by which time the area was already famous for its citrus and pineapple crops. The arrival of the Florida East Coast Railroad in 1892 made tourism viable. The Florida Star is a chronicle of changes brought by tourism, the collapse of pineapple-based agriculture, and agricultural issues in general. --E. Kesse, University of Florida Digital Library Center..
Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 23 (Sept. 29, 1880).