Úplné zobrazení záznamu

Toto je statický export z katalogu ze dne 02.05.2020. Zobrazit aktuální podobu v katalogu.

Bibliografická citace

.
0 (hodnocen0 x )
ER
El. časopis z www.jib.cz
Elektronický zdroj
Ocala, Marion County, Fla. : Banner Pub. Co., 1883-
v.
Externí odkaz    Plný text (ověřit prostřednictvím SFX Jednotné informační brány) 


1943-8877
Vol. 17, no. 12 (Aug. 25, 1883)-
1x týdně, <Jan. 3, 1890-Mar. 5, 1943>
1x týdně, Aug. 25, 1883-Dec. 28, 1888
Denně (except Sun.), Dec. 30, 1888-<Apr. 29, 1889>
Editors: T.W. Harris, F.E. Harris, C.L. Bittinger.
Publisher varies: Frank Harris & Frank Harris, Jr., <1913.
Plný text je přístupný pouze z počítačů Ostravské univerzity
Issues for 1884 later called new ser., v. 2.
Harris also published the daily, except Mondays, Daily Item (Ocala, FL) [LCCN sn95026901], from 1885 through 1886 and the weekly Rural Free Press (Ocala, FL) [LCCN sn95072056] from 1886 through at least 1888. Before moving to Florida, C.L. Bittinger had served as a commander in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Civil War. His only known newspaper work was with the Ocala Banner. Ocala (FL) is the seat of Marion County (FL) government. The Freeze of 1894 dramatically changed Ocala, devastating the citrus industry in Marion County. Between 1883 and 1943, other forms of agriculture took the place of citrus while tourism in the area grew. The Silver Springs theme park, known for its crystal clear waters, would do its part like no other attraction in pre-World War II Marion County. The County remained primarily agricultural until after the war, when its character would again change dramatically. The Ocala Banner covered agriculture, tourism and civic issues. --E.-.
Kesse, University of Florida Digital Library Center..
They subsequently joined merged into one publication on September 1, 1943. The resulting Ocala (FL) Star-Banner [LCCN: sn78002071] has remained the daily newspaper in Marion County (FL) since that time. The Ocala Banner bore the alternate titles the Banner, the Daily Banner, and the Ocala Daily Banner. A daily edition, published between 1908 and 1920, is thought to have existed, but its title is unknown. Another daily edition, the Ocala Morning Banner was published between 1930 and 1943. R.N. Dosh, editor of the Ocala Evening Star in the 1920s and 1930s, gave an address to the Ocala Rotary Club, recalling by-gone editors and rival publications, chiefest of whom was Col. Frank E. Harris of the Ocala Banner in the 1890s. Frank E. Harris was sent to Florida to fight in the Seminole Wars. He later fought in the Civil War on the side of the Confederacy in the First Florida Infantry Regiment. Other editors included T.W. Harris and C.L. Bittinger. T.W.-.
The East Florida Banner [LCCN: sn84022783] first started publishing weekly in Marion County, Florida in 1866. The Florida Newspaper Chronology, promulgated by David Shedden at the Poynter Institute for Media Studies in St. Petersburg, FL, lists a variant for the initial appearance of the newspaper, the East Marion Banner [LCCN: not known to exist]. The East Florida Banner described itself as "Democratic" and as the "Official Organ of the 5th Judicial Circuit"-. It is the direct forerunner of today’s Star-Banner [LCCN: sn95005532]. The East Florida Banner was sold to George W. Wilson in 1881, and renamed The Florida Banner-Lacon [LCCN: sn95047283], having merged with the Florida Lacon [LCCN: not known to exist]. In 1883, the name was changed to the Ocala (FL) Banner [LCCN: sn88074815]. In 1890, it became a daily newspaper. In 1895, the Ocala (FL) Evening Star [LCCN: sn84027621] surfaced as a rival publication to the Ocala Banner.-.
Also published a daily edition (title unknown), <1908-1920>.
Daily ed.: Ocala morning banner, 1930-1943.
Description based on: New ser., v. 2, no. 14 (Dec. 1, 1883).
Latest issue consulted: Vol. 78, no. 9 (Mar. 5, 1943).
000178416
(OCoLC)18660476
(SFX)1000000000700360

Zvolte formát: Standardní formát Katalogizační záznam Zkrácený záznam S textovými návěštími S kódy polí MARC